Update (15/03/19): added guides for Android, iOS, macOS. More to come.
(10/03/19) Initial release: The WireGuard implementation (beta) is now live, with WG servers in 14 available locations initially (more to be added gradually after getting through initial problems/bug solving).
This is just a generic guide, for all up to date WG updates follow the WG status page.
1. Use the web-based WG management tool available at wgmanager to generate/activate keys on WG servers and download the .conf files.
- the tool will assign the WG pubkeys on the WG servers, allowing you to set up to 3 different keys (i.e. 3 different devices). You can either generate the key pairs online (occurs locally, in the browser, and we don't know or store your private keys) or provide us with the WG pubkey, assuming that you already
generated it locally.
2. No setup tutorials are available yet, however there are many guides you can find online in the meantime. Essentially, what you need to setup a connection is the .conf file. Several tutorials will be available within a few days.
Important notes, known issues (fixes/improvements in the next days):
- currently we're using the default WG port 51820. That will be changed to a different default port, eventually we will allow multiple inbound ports
- pre-shared key implemenetation (which may help against DPI) is going to be added soon
How to use the wgmanager tool
- Select the VPN account you want to view the assigned WG keys from the "Device Management" menu.
- To add a new key, click on "+Add new device", then select the active VPN account you want to associate the WG keys to (in case you have multiple accounts)
- Insert a description for the key/device name, such as "My Phone"
- Select "Generate new keys" if you don't have the local setup already made (JS must be enabled in browser)
- Select "I already have my keys" if you generated your WG keypair locally, provide the public key
- Select the server location you want to connect to, or all of them (in a .zip archive), then download and use the profile(s)
Both this page and the WG status page will go through lots of updates. Please check them out on a regular basis.
Updates may result in connectivity problems, again - check this and the WG status page for updates (e.g. you may require to re-generate keys).